Like I said before my motto is “Do the best you can, with what you have, wherever you find yourself.”
(Stolen from my mentor, Ian Thompson)
Here are some other roles that I have undertaken.
Support Specialist, Asia Pacific Notes Admin Team, IBM Global Services Australia, 1999-2000
A 12 month contract position, I worked as part of a 12 person team that was tasked with remotely managing over 100 Lotus Notes Servers running across the Asia Pacific region.
• AIX scripting
• Notes Admin blackbelt
Notes Admin and Desktop Support, Chase Manhattan Bank (now JP Morgan), 1992 – 1999
Worked with a bunch of great people. That makes all the difference, kids!
A variety of roles including:
• Mid-Range computer operations (Wang VS / IBM S36 / DEC VAX)
• Dealing room support: SWAPS, Futures, FX and Options product knowledge.
• 1st and 2nd level desktop support for both Novell and Wintel environments.
• VB/MS Office script programming.
• Lotus Notes administration – gained CLP certification.
Key Responsibilities and Achievements:
• Transitioned Notes environment from R3 OS/2 to R4 WIN NT.
• Notes integration into corporate SOE.
• Administration of Sybase/PowerBuilder cheque processing application.
• Administration of Btrieve based HiPortfolio funds management system.
Computer Operator, Wang Australia, 1990 – 1992
• Wang VS operations and software duplication