Thought I’d give one of these a go, as I love the one from the joint in Soi 11. Using the recipe I found here.
• 12 red potatoes, each cut into 6 pieces
• 1/2 cup chopped bacon ends, visible fat trimmed
• 1/4 cup white vinegar 1/4 cup cider vinegar
• 1/4 cup white sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup light sour cream
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1 small red onion, diced
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
|Prep: 20 m||Cook: 20 m||Ready In: 3 h 10 m|
• Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until pierced easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool.
• Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain and transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
• Stir white vinegar, cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and black pepper together in the same skillet; bring to a boil and remove from heat to cool completely. Whisk sour cream and mayonnaise into cooled vinegar mixture until dressing is thick and creamy.
• Mix potatoes, dressing, onion, parsley, and chives together in a bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours. Stir bacon into potato salad just before serving.