The quest has begun – to find the best burger in Bangkok.
One mandatory stop is Bad Burger BKK, located in a just off Sukhumvit between sois 18 and 20.
We hit the place on hump day which also turned out to be Ladies night – 199 THB craft beer pints.
Good vibe and a decent crowd in for a Wednesday. We lingered around for close to 3 hours, drank our weight in beer, and were the only ones left by 9.30 PM, before stumbling out to find a taxi home.
I opted to get my drinking shoes on and tuck into the craft beers in their aptly named WitchCraft craft beer offering. They offer 2 hours of free-flow across their tap beer range for THB 999. This is good value if you can knock back 6 or more pints across the 2-hour timeframe, given that half-pints go for 180 THB and full pints for 280 THB.
Here’s what I drank: (2 pints of the Whale Pale Ale ; 1 pint each of the rest)
- AVBC Summer Soltice Ale 5% Rating: 3/10 Ruby color, generally disappointing!
- Nomad Millions of Peaches 4.5% Rating: 5/10 – Easy drinking lacks body
- Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA 6.4% Rating: 7/10 – Hoppy but not overpoweringly so.
- Nomad Whale Pale Ale 5.2% Rating: 8/10
- Mother Earth Imperial Stout 8.1% Rating: 7/10 – Bold, strong, the way a stout should be!
- Deschutes Pacific Wonderland Lager 5.5% Rating: 7½/10 Tasty, can’t complain.
And the winner was?
Surprisingly, Whale Pale Ale
A wide food offering – you’ll surely find something you like.
We went for the sweet potato fries and onion rings to accompany the early beers.
Then we ordered one of the burgers – The ‘Blue Cheese’ burger with ‘slaw on the side.
TBH – Underwhelmed by the burger but I wonder if that was coming off a tonne of beers. I intend to go back and try the signature burger with another pint of Whale pale Ale.